In this day and age where the internet has grown and grown to staggering numbers, more and more people are realizing that maybe there is something to this internet stuff. Can I really make some extra income online?
Maybe you have talked to a friend of yours who has started a blog about a certain niche. Maybe you have seen a new’s article about all the people making money on the internet. No matter what the case may be if you want to get started with a business online the first thing you will need to do is learn the internet marketing basic steps.
Internet Marketing Basics
Before you begin on this journey one thing you need to know right off the bat is, it takes a lot hard work, it consumes a lot of time and no matter what anyone tells you, it does not happen overnight. So with that being said, you cannot just jump right in, you first need to actually know what internet marketing is,
You will need to know what it is you actually want to do. Do you want to start a website/blog about something that you are passionate about. Say, gardening or sewing. These categories are called niches.
Do you want to be an affiliate marketer? An affiliate marketer is someone who sells other peoples products online and get a commission for every sale they make. There are many areas of internet marketing that you can get into and make a pretty good income over time.
The first thing you need to do is some research on what direction you would like to take. There are many ways you can go about doing this. If you have a friend or co-worker that are dabbling in internet revenue, you could start by speaking with them.
You can google just about anything these days and get a vast amount of information there. And then there is my favorite, you tube. There is probably a you tube video for just about anything you would ever want to know.
Another way, and probably the best way is to find a great affiliate marketing training platform that can literally help you step by step getting you started on your way. I found such a platform and I’m so glad I did. It is a community of like-minded beginners and experienced marketers all on hand to help you out. Besides that the training is second to none.
Check Out the Competition
Say you want to start a website/blog about gardening. The first thing you should do is check out the competition that you will be going up against to get to page one of google, which is your ultimate goal here, Just google gardening and hundreds of thousands of search results will come up.
Click on some top spots on page one and two and try to learn what they are doing to make their websites stick out in googles eyes and get them on page one. To get the most traffic and eyes to your website/blog you do need to rank high in google.
Then go to say page four or five and see what their websites/blogs look like and compare them to the other higher ranked sites and you can maybe pickup something you can avoid and learn from there.
So there are many ways that you can learn internet marketing basic steps, you just need to learn how to apply them in order to take your business to another level. The more and more you learn the sooner you can expect your website/blog to start seeing more traffic and sales.
So if you do not want to get gobbled up by this internet world you really need to take your business seriously. So find yourself some good resources and learn, learn, learn. Do not end up like the thousands of online businesses that fail every day.
Internet Marketing Products
As you continue to get more into internet marketing you will be signing up on e-mail lists and newsletters. With this will come a ton of e-mails from other affiliate marketers pushing their products, services and software on you.
Mark my words when you open some of these emails you will see awesome sales pages, some will make your eyes bug out. If you think you want to put out good money for any of these programs, here are somethings to keep in mind:
- Know who you are buying from. Do some research on this individual. Try to find out as much as you can about the seller. This applies more so with information products, e-books, training programs etc. Believe it or not there are many sellers on the internet who know not of what they are writing about or just purchased a PLR product and just put their name on it.
- I’m sure you’ve heard the old adage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, no truer are these words than in the internet marketing world. If you get a promotion saying you can make $2,000 in the next hour, are you going to believe it? I hope not. Like I said earlier, an internet business is still a business and takes some time to get off the ground.
- It is very important to try to not give into your emotions. It is so easy to look past all the red flags a product throws up telling you that any given product or service just cannot live up to what they promise. But there you go giving out your credit card or pay pal for the next shiny object, just to be joined by all the other ones sitting in your hard drive doing nothing.
- Even if you buy one of these products you need to at least take it for a ride. Most sellers have a 30-day trial period or get a full refund if not satisfied, but if you don’t take action and put some work into it, it will never work. Then your trial period runs at and your screwed again. You need to have a goal in mind. You just cannot keep jumping from one product to another expecting your pay pal account to just start spitting out money. You have to put the work in.
- Just like anything, say a diet, you don’t lose weight overnight. It takes time. Same with internet marketing, even if you come across a legitimate product or service it takes hard work and time to get it going. A website/blog takes time to get ranked high in google. It can take up to a year for your website/blog to get to page one. That doesn’t mean it won’t make you some money on the way up.
To Blog or Not to Blog
Well my answer to this is to blog. There is so much competition out there in the affiliate market game you can get swallowed up out in that cut-throat world. As far as building a website/blog, the opportunities are endless.
There are thousands of niches and sub-niches you can blog about. The best part of building a website/blog is that you own it. It is more or less like internet real estate. No one can take it from you. Another positive about building a website/blog you can do it for next to nothing out-of-pocket.
This training platform I’m involved with and actually got my start with is top-notch. You can join as a free member with no credit card or pay pal information needed. The beauty of this is as a free member you get two free websites fully hosted, so you don’t have to go pay a hosting company.
Another beautiful thing is the training is second to none. You can have your first website up in running in no time. And the community, well I cannot not say enough about the community here. There are beginners to actual entrepreneurs ready and willing to answer any question you may have pretty much 24/7.
Oops, I almost left out the support team, they are amazing, All the websites are set up with word press and these guys and girls are experts in word press websites. If you would like to take this platform for a spin you can do so here: What do you have to lose!
This concludes my article on internet marketing basic steps. I hope you have found the information here helpful and informative. If, so please leave me a comment below. Also, if you have any questions about anything in this article please feel free to ask below.
To Good Fortune